How to convert an ASP application to an EXE executable file
Do you need to convert your asp application to an exe executable file so you could do the following?
- Burn your asp application into a cd and simply run it from the cd.
- Allow your client to use the application without revealing the source code.
- Backup and distribute the old asp application to run from the user’s desktop rather than from a server.
This company - Shanghai Advance Info.& Tech.Co.,Ltd has developed a neat software to help you convert asp to exe.
Some simple steps:
- Download the software AspToEXE. No worries, I’ve tried it and it’s not a spyware or virus.
- After download, launch the installer. Once complete, you should see a screen just like below.
- To import your asp project, click on the Import from Folder function. Specify the location of your ASP application and it will import your asp application into this AspToEXE software.
- Now you’re ready to compile your ASP project. Go to File > Compile or press Ctrl + E
- Specify the location for the exe to be created and fill in company and copyright information.
- Once ready, click on the Export button.
Walla, your ASP Project has just been exported to an executable file. Go to the folder where it is exported. You should see a folder like the following:
– End –