A common question that CTO and IT managers usually ask is, should we build or buy?
If we buy, we get a working system much faster but the cost may be quite high especially when we need to purchase licenses, hardware, and pay for consulting fees.
If we build, the process to get the system up and running usually takes longer as it requires more time to plan, code, test, and deploy. However, the system can be developed to be very detailed and unique. An organization who build their own systems give themselves a competitive advantage over their competitors without such systems.
Sometimes when I’m doing programming and feeling the pain of coding in the middle of the night, I just wished that there’s a Generate PHP Code button for me to just click and head straight to bed.
Before I proceed to go in detail what AppGini can help us do, check out this simple visitor management system that I’ve created using AppGini. All done within 10 minutes. See the screenshot below.
The app above is a simple visitor management system that allows visitors to enter their name, social security number, and the date & time they check in to visit. Looking at the screenshot, I think I should have also added in the check out time so that the records look more complete.
In case you’re wondering what I did in order come out with the system above, these are the steps:
- Launched AppGini
- Added a new table and added the fields (for e.g, Name, SSN, etc)
- Clicked on Generate PHP codes
- Copied the generated PHP codes into my XAMPP’s htdocs folder
- Ran the system from a browser
- Entered MySQL admin details to create the database
- Renamed administrator password
- Created a group
Well, that’s about all the steps I ran to create a simple PHP web application with AppGini.
Some of AppGini’s other features include:
- Automatic PHP code generation
- Easily search the entered records
- Easily export data to .csv format
- Easily sort data by column ascending or descending
- Admin interface to manage users, permissions and data
- Create multi-users with different access rights, for eg. to add, edit, delete can be 3 different users
I personally think that AppGini is a great tool to get a simple system up and running really quickly. Since the codes are automatically generated for you in less than a minute, you can easily add in more codes of your own to enhance the system capabilities and to make it look nicer. Oh ya, there are also additional AppGini Themes which you can download and use if you’re not happy with the default colors.