Having data in multiple datasources can really be inconvenient at times. Imagine having all employee information in a sql server database while their payroll information is residing in an Oracle database. If you wondering if there is a simpler way to combine and integrate data from these two different types of database, the answer is yes! The best part, it’s low in cost and open source.
Apatar is an open source data integration tool capable of challenging some of the bigger players out there like Microsoft Biztalk and Oracle Business Intelligence 10G. With Apatar you can integrate your information between on-premise or on-demand data sources and applications. Meaning, data and information from the web can now be easily mashed up with internal data via this open source data integration tool. There is also an interface which allows you to migrate, synchronize, replicate and map data without the need for coding.
The key features of Apatar includes:
- Connectivity to Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, Sybase, DB2, MS Access, PostgreSQL, XML, InstantDB, Paradox, BorlandJDataStore, Csv, MS Excel, Qed, HSQL, Compiere ERP, SalesForce.Com, SugarCRM, Goldmine, any JDBC data sources and more.
- Single interface to manage all your integration projects
- Flexible deployment options
- Bi-directional integration
- Platform-independent, runs from Windows, Linux, Mac; 100% Java- based
- Easy customization, Java source code included
- No coding! Visual job designer and mapping enable non-developers to design and perform transformations
Some featured Apatar users include:
- Arizona State University
- Credit Suisse
Without doubt Apatar is emerging as one of the highly reliable and trusted software utilized by large organizations to integrate and transform data and information.
* Updated 15 Dec 2009
Talend Open Studio is another good open source data integration tool worth mentioning.
Just by looking through Talend’s website, I can tell that its products and services are enterprise level and professional enough to compete with most commercial data integration tools.
If you’re wondering if your data type can be integrated and connected via Talend, check out this huge list of Talend Components. Whether you’re planning to access data from SAP via the SAP connector or simply input data automatically into SugarCRM, Talend can help you get the job done.
A sample screenshot: